Thursday, April 9, 2009

667


Last night I was sifting through some old-old papers and books in my office and ran across some treasures that I have not laid eyes on in over twelve years. Every time I see these three numbers I always remember good times in the company of friends. 667, Neighbor of The Beast Productions was the brain trust of three like minded and very talented people. It was an ambitious project that unfortunately never really got off the ground but it was a really fun project to work on. The basic principal of the endeavor was to produce and self-publish our writing possibly making a profit in the process. It's too bad that a group of young adults with no professional experience or contacts just did not know the first thing about how to go about making it work. In any event, I have put up a few samples of what we did those years ago for nostalgia. Any of the original authors are more than welcome to have all of the work that I have collected sent to them and you also have the right to have me take your entry off of this page. I hope you are more flattered than angry!

2 comments:

  1. This is cool. I never got to see the finished cover. It's better than I would've thought.

    I agree, although I'm far less idealistic than I used to be, that it is a shame we didn't do more with 667.

    Of course, it was hard to ignore the call of quarterbounce or "Jim's Magic Elixir". Too many distractions and not enough self-confidence likely kept the endeavor from any realistic shot at a modicum of success. But it sure was fun!

    Not angry, surprised, yes. But not angry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was cool also. I even elicited a reply from Baker through other channels:
    "thats awesome dude. i often think of those olden days myself. i miss them quite often. the real world sucks and i hate being an adult, but i know we all have to sometime. good to hear from u. i hope all is well and u are happy with ur life. gotta run, ttyl"

    ReplyDelete